Saturday, February 21, 2015

Girl Online By Zoe Sugg: Review from a Girl that is Online

Have you heard of the Girl online? I'm not talking about an anonymous girl who is online, I'm talking about Zoella's amazing book called Girl Online! 
Zoe Sugg, or Zoella, is a famous youtuber who started out as a blogger in 2009, and then turned her hobby into a career and became very well known right before her eyes. People from all over the world watch her beauty hauls, blogs, funny challenges with other YouTubers, and lifestyle videos. Today, she has over 7.3 million subscribers on Youtube. Wow!

When I heard she wrote a book, I was so excited and my first thought was..."where do I get this! Well, I have the book and It's not what I expected it to be, but its a book that I really enjoyed. 

What I expected was an autobiography, a book written about herself. I wanted to read her whole story and see how she became so successful. You know when you fangirl over someone and you want to know literally everything about them? Yep, that's me with Zoey:) #GoZalfie (Zoe's boyfriend's name is Alfie, so people call them Zalfie)

Instead, a got a fiction book about a girl named Penny with a blog who lives in Brighton, England. She is a normal teenager except she suffers with anxiety. She has a friend who isn't very nice to her but she also has a really good friend who is her neighbor. She has a lot of embarrassing moments at school and she starts to dislike school more and more. During this time, she goes on her blog and rants to her followers about her problems. Turns out, a lot  of people can relate to her. Her blog starts to get more popular as she starts writing more personal posts, as if she is best friends with the reader. Her mom is a wedding planner and she got an offer to plan an extravagant wedding in New York City over Penny's winter break. Penny and her best friend, Elliot, come along and she is so happy that she can leave everything behind for a little while. Penny meets a boy named Noah,  and...they become really good friends....like real good friends;) The conflict is when Penny has to go back to England but doesn't want to leave Noah. If you want to know what happens next, you should read the book!

It was a great read. As I mentioned in my February Favorites video, I'm not a reader...but I still liked this book!

If you want to watch the video to see my other February Favorites, here it is!


No comments:

Post a Comment