Coral Spring/Summer Makeup Tutorial
(This was my first video using my new camera!)
There have been so many times where I've seen other people's eyelashes and I'm thinking, "How could they actually be that long...Or do they spend 20 minutes putting on mascara every morning?" I don't know, maybe some people just have long eyelashes. Since I have blonde hair, my eyelashes are not very dark without mascara. They're not blonde, they just do not look as long than if they were darker
I love the look of long eyelashes and that's probably one of my favorite parts of doing my makeup. Actually, there was this one day at school when I forgot to wear mascara (ok I was really tired that morning!) and I didn't realize it until lunchtime. I always wear makeup to school but it's always very natural. On that day when I forgot to wear mascara, I didn't feel any different, no one noticed, and it was only a little surprise to me when I looked into the mirror and just saw thin eyeliner on my upper eyelid. That made me think that makeup isn't supposed to be used to mask yourself, it's used to bring out your best features. And not to mention, it's really fun! You shouldn't need to wear a full face of makeup to feel pretty. I've realized that if I skip on mascara for a day, my favorite makeup item, it doesn't really matter because no one will even notice.
...okay, but I think we all can agree that really long eyelashes are cool:)
One day I was just doing some experimenting and I figured out some tips to make you eyelashes longer. Now, you don't have to worry about fake eyelashes falling off (hehe) or spending money on eyelash extensions. Here are some tips on how to apply mascara the right way as well as some of my favorite mascaras.
- Make sure all of you mascara from the day before is off or else it will clump at the bottom. Coconut oil is a really good makeup remover.
- Use a very light layer of Vaseline on a q-tip and put it on your lashes as if you were applying mascara. After you do that you will already see a difference.
- Use a clean eyelash curler and curl your lashes holding it down for 5-10 seconds. (No more than 10 seconds!)
- Now use your mascara. First start putting on the mascara going in the opposite direction of your lashes (to the direction your nose) Next, slightly tilt your head up and make sure the lashes are going straight up and not to the side going away from your nose. I like to make sure the inner lashes get mascara because a lot of times we just focus on the longer lashes on the outer side.
- Repeat on the other eye
- Optional: Doing another light layer will make your eyelashes pretty thick. But do not do a heavy layer because that might make them clump
- Once they have dried, you can take one of those eyelash/eyebrow spoolies and kinda comb through to make sure they're all going in the same direction. There you go!
Tip: The less eyeliner you use, the more your eyelashes will stand out. If you wear a thick black winged eyeliner, it will be hard to see your long lashes unless you're like 5 inches away from a mirror.
Also, using a light eyeshadow such as white, light brown, or pale pink will make your long lashes stand out more.
Lastly, here are some of my favorite mascaras that I've tried, in no particular order:
|Rimmel Scandal Eyes Retro Glam Mascara. The wand curves out at the sides so the lashes at the side gets really long. They're only about 5-6 dollars|
Covergirl Bombshell Lash Blast Volume Mascara. (That's a long name) It's cool how it's double sided. It takes a little longer to put on because there's two wands but its still a good product. I got it at Ulta for about 12 dollars