Friday, January 23, 2015

Why People Might Make Blogs And Why I Made My Own


Why People Might Make Blogs:
They might:
     -be a good typer
     -be a good writer
     -Have a lot of knowledge on all different topics that they want to share

Why I am (somewhat) none of those things but I still have a blog:
     -I'm not very fast at typing because I have a purple keyboard cover on my laptop and I frequently fail to press one letter hard enough so I end up typing "ad" instead of "and" (probably happened already at least somewhere on my blog already)
    -Even though I'm in English Honors I still think my writing could be a lot better. For example, one of my teachers said that a one-sentence conclusion isn't acceptable. (IT WAS A GOOD SENTENCE AND IT HAD COMMAS OKAY)
   -I'm 15 going on 16 so I'm not super knowledgeable on all different topics. I mean I know how to make a pie and all these cool diy projects but ask me a basic Chemistry question and I'll answer saying something like, "Idk but I got my ion you..." (sorry I had to do that)

Why I really made a blog
       - I wanted to. Ok, this one is pretty lame. But I'd never been on Blogger before and I wanted to see what it was all about!
        - I've started to figure out what I'm interested in and what I'm not interested in (music, fashion, & anything creative = yes / team sports, rap music, mean people, *and other things I can't think of right now* = no)
      -A book that I read called "Girl Online" by Zoe Sugg (aka "Zoella" on Youtube) I bought the book thinking It was going to be all about her Youtube career and since I also have a channel I wanted to learn about that. But this book is actually a story about a girl with an online blog and she has a lot of ups and downs in her life and...(I have not finished it yet oops:p) Anyway I thought it was cool how she had this blog and it was basically her diary that she put online about all different topics. That got me thinking..."that sounds like fun!" So I looked at Zoella's blog (not in the story the one in real life) and I was like "okay, I'm doing this."
      - I just have so much to say that I can't contain it. Actually no. I mean, yes but no. In real life, I'm really shy. Like real shy. People even ask me why I'm shy sometimes. (like why are you asking??) But since I'm shy it's kinda hard to just start talking to a random person that I don't know. And currently, I don't know a ton of people who want me to verbally explain to them how to make avocado toast (one of my posts) So I'll blog about what I want to say when I don't want to directly talk to someone. Problem solved.
      -Youtube. I just said I was shy...but not on youtube! Besides home and with my best friends, Youtube is one of the few places where I can be myself and really not care what others think because the people that are led to my channel are usually young girls with the same interest as me. I love making youtube videos and being there for people (even if its through a computer screen) that I thought it would be a good idea to expand and have my own blog.
       - And last but not least, I don't know. I feel like a lot of people say this, but I really mean this--I'm not making this blog to get thousands of followers or commenters or to become popular. I realized that a few minutes after my first blog post. Looking at the layout that I had spend a lot of time on with my name on the front and my youtube videos at the sidebar made me feel proud of myself. I just like putting my thoughts out there and thinking that just maybe someone from the other side of the world is looking at my blog and either a.) got help from this and had their problem solved b.) laughed or became happier or c.) got their mind off something stressful while they were reading my blog.



So there you go. Please let me know your thoughts in the comments!
The one rule --- do not say anything hurtful in the comments towards me or any other person who comments on this blog. Thanksxx
Hope you have a great day and hope to hear from you! <3
   

No comments:

Post a Comment