Sunday, January 18, 2015

AVOCADO TOAST: Just WOW

Here's some toast

With avocado
It was really good.

So I was reading a Food Network magazine when I came across a big picture of a slice of toast with avocado spread on top of it. I've also seen it on Instagram on those healthy food accounts but I never had a chance to make it. It looks simple, right? Its just avocado with toast. No...(besides the fact that theres also lemon juice and some other seasonings,) its really good. I mean really good. I'm not just saying that to make this look like a good blog post, I just ate this and I kinda/sort of/maybe/ really want another one:) Finally, I had all the ingredients in my house so made it. 

If you're not going to make this, (which is not the best idea) then I guess you can just imagine what this tastes like:
Warm, crunchy toast with and a cool creamy avocado spread with a hint of spice and a kick of sea salt here and there. (yikes)

But if you are going to make this, (which is the better idea) Then here is the recipe!

Ingredients:
1 Slice of bread, toasted
1/2 Avocado (I used 1/2 because I think a full avocado would be too much)
Juice of 1/4-1/2 of a lemon 
Trader Joes Everyday Seasoning OR salt and pepper
Sea Salt
Red pepper flakes (Just a little bit!)

What to do:
While the bread is in the toaster, mash up the 1/2 avocado and add the lemon juice, the Trader Joes Everyday Seasoning/ Salt and Pepper, red pepper flakes and mix. Spread on top of the toast and top with sea salt. Thats it! 

This is a great idea for a quick breakfast or snack when you need some energy because it has protein and it is very healthy so it will keep you full for a long time. Definitely recommend this recipe! Let me know if you make it!

Here's the article where i got this idea: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/mashed-avocado-toasts-recipe.html
Here's an article about this recipe: http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/avocado-toast-hottest-breakfast-food/story?id=25216095

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13492259/?claim=2swav3dwabd">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment